A leading London Market (Re)Insurance Group is looking for a talented individual to join the Syndicate team. The role is part of the regulatory reporting team and is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and submission of regulatory returns and statutory accounts for the Lloyd’s Syndicate (including Solvency II returns). The role will also design and develop streamlined processing as well as key analytics and information on data reported. In this role you will:
- Provide support to the Head of Regulatory Reporting
- Take responsibility for the preparation of regulatory returns and statutory accounts for the Syndicate (including Solvency II returns).
- Design and develop robust and repeatable processes to produce the returns for those to be as streamlined as possible.
- Ensure all returns are submitted in a timely manner to the appropriate committees for review and sign-off.
- Liaise with external auditors and ensure returns are signed and submitted to the regulatory bodies.
- Participate in shaping the development of regulatory changes.
- Remain up to date with changes in regulatory reporting regime, and be responsible for the implementation of such changes in the syndicate.
- Liaise with other departments and personnel as required, including the Compliance Officer, Operations, Actuarial and other Finance staff and underwriting staff.
- Research any technical issues.
To be considered for this role you must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) working in the Lloyd’s Market or an Accountancy firm that audits insurers. You must have strong Excel skills, good attention to detail and the ability to work towards deadlines.