Excellent opportunity for a catastrophe risk Manager within a large international insurer. The Catastrophe risk manager is responsible for developing and modifying catastrophe models and using vendor models to produce accurate, detailed analysis on all catastrophe-exposed accounts. You will work closely with the senior Underwriters to provide understanding of model outputs to help support catastrophe pricing and portfolio exposure management.
- Lead the development and programming of tools and systems for Catastrophe modelling, Exposure management and Catastrophe Pricing.
- Improve business work-flow, controls and reporting for catastrophe modelling team through automation of processes developing bespoke systems.
- Programme and develop technical pricing tools.
- Support the lead underwriters in decision making for complex risks that fall outside of scope of vendor models including complex reinsurance structures and non-modelled risks.
- Develop a specialist knowledge of natural hazards and catastrophe modelling methodologies
- Strong Mathematical, statistical and analytical background.
- Previous experience within Insurance / Re Insurance, ideally with in Catastrophe risk Modelling or actuarial.
- Advanced knowledge and user of RMS.
- Expert use of SQL and other programming tools.
- Good understanding of insurance and the Lloyd’s market