Reserving Analyst (£35,000-£50,000)
Our client, a leading international insurer is seeking an actuarial analyst to join their established Reserving team. The focus of the successful candidate will be to support all areas of the Reserving process with future opportunities to work with other Actuarial functions in the business. This is a great way for a strong candidate from personal lines to get into the London Market.
A number of duties include:
- Quarterly reserving for multiple lines of business.
- Communicating analysis with a vast array stakeholders of the business from Underwriters to finance.
- Exposure to Solvency II and IFRS 17.
- Managing conflicting demands from stakeholders and building relationships.
- A proactive approach to streamlining complex actuarial problems.
- Support Solvency II Technical Provisions calculation and reporting process.
- Input to and assist with Loss Ratio planning processes.
- Assisting the reserving team in statutory reporting requirements for both Lloyd’s and the PRA.
From you they are looking for:
- Mathematics/Science-based degree or equivalent.
- Progressing through the Actuarial exams (Well into the CT’s)
- An excellent problem solving and analytical mind.
- Previous experience in Reserving is a preference.
- A consultancy background with reserving would be very valuable.
- Excellent ability to simplify key information and present it to stakeholders.
- Additional languages.