Financial Lines Trainee Underwriter – Leading Insurer, London.
HFG have partnered with a market leading Insurance company to assist with their search for a Financial Lines Trainee Underwriter.
Job Purpose / Overview:
To support the Underwriting Manager – Financial Lines
Within the first 6 to 12 months the successful candidate will develop a solid understanding of the product (wording knowledge) whilst acquiring financial analysis skills.
Additionally, they will be expected to show the ability to develop business relationships with our key broking partners.
- Review renewal and new submissions and present the information with his/her observations in a clear manner to the Underwriting Manager for approval.
- Ensure responses to brokers are timely and demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the product
- Undertake a thorough review of the product and grow to show a clear and considered risk assessment across the perils offered.
- Portfolio Management
Assist the Underwriting Manager in managing the portfolio and assisting with the provision of management information in a timely manner. Additionally, ensuring risks are handled in a compliant manner and the file administration system is up to date. The role will require a detailed knowledge of the administration system.
- Relationship Management
- Maintain and develop relationships with key brokers, alongside the rest of the team.
- Ensure queries are dealt with in a very timely manner and quotations and policy documentations are processed within appropriate time frames
- Act with utmost integrity to promote the company and the product in an accurate and fair manner to brokers and clients
Skills and Experience Specification:
- Prior industry experience (minimum 12 months)
- Demonstrate ability to handle large volumes of business in a time sensitive environment
- Educated to degree level in a business-related subject
- Good communicator
- High capabilities for analysis and the ability to work to deadlines
- Hardworking team player
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply now.