- Assist with the review of risk events and escalation items for lessons learned and any changes needed to controls or procedures.
- With Group Head of Risk and Compliance case manage potential risk events, in particular potential E&O claims.
- Establish and maintain risk-based approach to internal systems for all operational and other risks.
- Promote sound risk management, governance and control processes throughout the Group.
- Contributing to the assessment of the Compliance function, monitoring compliance with FCA rules and identification of any areas for improvement. Manage Anti-Financial Crime and sanctions requirements.
- Develop and promote internal rules and procedures, in particular Conduct, Data Protection, and Financial Crime mitigation.
- Regulatory liaison as required.
- To ensure all companies fall within FCA regulations.
Active involvement in:
- Employee training on Compliance, Risk and related issues.
- Advice and query resolution regarding all Compliance, Risk and associated issues.
- Analysis and dissemination of legal and regulatory changes.
- Contributing to wider Group projects and other initiatives.
Leadership / Management:
- Provide management oversight and leadership as directed, coordinating activities to ensure compliance with procedures and controls and optimising the effectiveness of the department.
- Manage the selection, development and performance of the Risk and Compliance Department, ensuring all are competent and adequately supervised.
- As required, establish lines of control and delegate responsibilities to subordinate staff, monitoring workloads and work in progress of each team member.
- Drive improvement through the business, ensuring underperformance issues are resolved effectively and robustly.