Senior Pricing Developer
A leading global specialty commercial insurer and reinsurer is looking for a Senior Pricing Developer to provide mathematical and programming support to Underwriting Modelling in deploying analytical tools and providing automation to modelling processes.
Underwriting Modelling is the provision of Catastrophe Modelling, Exposure Management and Technical Pricing capabilities and expertise across the Group.
- Programme and develop tools and utilities
- Support and enhance new and existing tools and applications within the Catastrophe Modelling team.
- Support the development and investigation of appropriate mathematical/catastrophe modelling solutions
- Support SBU Business Partner teams with ad-hoc projects as required.
- Help with training and usage of deployed tools within the teams.
- Develop a sound understanding of business, work-flows and processes across the teams.
- Support the management of stakeholder communication and relationships.
- Work with other departments to efficiently develop the required solutions.
- Provide programming advice and peer review to other members of the team.
- Research evolving programming and modelling techniques and best practices.
- Create and maintain suitable documentation for software systems and tools in line with best practices and standards.
- Promote and ensure compliance with internal guidelines and procedures.
- Technical aptitude with strong mathematical and computational ability
- Ability to respond to tight deadlines in a demanding environment
- Minimum of 2 years of commercial C# programming experience
- Microsoft development stack (Visual Studio, .NET frameworks, MVC, JQuery, AJAX, Unit testing, SQL Server, Team Foundation Server)
- Ability to peer review colleagues’ work and to provide guidance where necessary
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an insurance or reinsurance environment working with catastrophe and/or actuarial models