Job Purpose / Role
An international name in the Insurance world is now seeking a Senior Data Engineer for a newly created role who will work with key stakeholders to design and implement strong Data Models and Pipelines in order to support advanced analytics within Portfolio Management.
They are looking for someone who is willing to get hands on with the company’s data and to develop innovative and structured solutions to bring it together in a way that maximizes its potential.
The team is spread across London, Munich, Bucharest, Chicago and New York.
- . Create data models that enable strong Pricing Analytics and Business Intelligence reporting within Portfolio Management
- . Develop an expert knowledge of the company’s IT landscape, data and data systems
- . Work with IT and other Analytics stakeholders to help productionise data flows from different internal and external data systems into a centralised data lake
- . Help to develop new data ingestion processes within their Cloud based platform to ensure that data can be properly leveraged in the future
- . Optimise fuzzy merge processes between data systems where primary identifiers are missing to release intrinsic value of data
- . Obtaining access to internal and external data systems and digging into them to understand data structure, and developing data processing and cleaning algorithms to bring them into a central data warehouse
- . Act as an expert to support the wider Portfolio Management team on data processing and coding best practices
- . Minimum of five years’ experience working in a Data focused role, ideally in a P&C environment
- . A degree at BSc or MSc level in a Numerical field, preferably with a strong focus on Computer Science or Data Engineering, or qualified by experience
- . Proven history of Data Model design and implementation, ideally with a focus on P&C pricing requirements
- . Experience in data pipeline development, cleaning and bringing together multiple sources into a single productionised warehouse
- . Strong knowledge of P&C insurance, ideally with some experience of working alongside Pricing teams
- . Relishes problem solving, analysis and getting hands on digging into data issues
- . Significant experience in SQL essential
- . Experience with Python, R, Spark or SAS preferable
- . Strong skills in data visualisation and interpretation
- . Understanding of GIT style programming controls
- . Some experience of Machine Learning and predictive modelling techniques a plus
- . Independent and self-directed individuals that thrive when faced with challenge
- . Ability to communicate and work effectively with technical and non-technical team members
- . Desire and ability to learn the business and become an expert in the industry
- . Organized, self-motivated, results-oriented, and very resourceful
- . Experience in an international working environment. Experience of working with colleagues located in different countries an advantage.