Senior BI Developer
A leading specialty insurance group are looking for an experienced Senior BI Developer to join their BI Team and act as technical lead on projects and may take on architectural or management responsibilities as required.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Developer, you will work with the wider business to develop, enhance and support the company’s data warehouse and Business Intelligence systems. You will design, develop and test new reports, data extracts and ETL processes as required by project or work requests.
- Liaise with users to specify, design and implement changes to the data warehouse as required by the business
- Design technical solutions including writing solution design documents and walk-throughs with the BI architect and Technical Design Authority
- Provide technical leadership in BI initiatives to other members of the BI team and projects, including off-shore partners
- Database, ETL, Report and OLAP development work
- Maintain and support the data warehouse and associated applications
- Assist with the resolution of user problems and queries
- Liaise with the IT department on changes to upstream and downstream systems to ensure that any impacts on the BI systems are identified and dealt with accordingly
- Run month-end procedures and reports as required
- Maintain change management controls for all system changes
- Data analysis, reconciliation and manipulation as required
- Promote SDLC best practices within the BI team and play a leading role in implementing internal process improvement.
- Ensure all solutions are fully tested and support independent testing, including User Acceptance Testing, as required.
- Advanced data warehouse and ETL development techniques
- General Insurance knowledge and experience – at least 3 years
- Knowledge of SQL Server with experience of at least two of the following:
- Database schema design & maintenance
- T-SQL code development
- ETL design and development
- SQL Server Analysis & Reporting Services – an advantage
- Management experience, willingness to take accountability.
- Full project life-cycle experience from initial design, development to production support
- Excellent analysis skills, with the ability to convert business requirements into practical solutions
- Knowledge of problem analysis, structured analysis and design, and programming techniques
- Degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum of 3 years of experience in a development role.