Payroll Systems Developer
A leading global advisory, broking and solutions company are looking for experienced Payroll Systems Developer to join their Development Team and take responsibility for the design, development and maintenance of existing Pensioner Payroll System.
The role of the Payroll Systems Developer will be to enhance and maintain Payroll System and provide support for the existing functionality within our systems.
- Building a comprehensive understanding of applications, systems and infrastructure across the Technology and Administration Solutions line of business
- Communication with key stakeholders and development teams on technical solutions.
- Perform application and systems development duties using technologies such as SQL, PL/SQL., Shell Scripting under AIX
- Provide level 3 technical support on Oracle, UNIX and application issues.
- Candidate must be able to take ownership for assigned tasks and be responsible for gathering and/or filtering requirements, impact analysis and specifying business and IT solutions for projects and/or enhancement request.
- Candidate must be able to interact with other developers, business analysts and business stake holders to produce a high-level technical specification/solution document ensuring technical compatibility and end user satisfaction.
- Produce logical systems design models where appropriate in conjunction with Senior Systems Analyst/System Architect.
- Convincing and presenting proposals by way of high-level solutions to end users and/or stake holders.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working on a large Payroll project within financial services and have a good working knowledge of payments systems.
- Strong Unix/Linux and Unix Shell Scripting
- Oracle Database experience
- Oracle RDBMS, SQL*Plus and strong PL/SQL
- Understands all aspects of the software development lifecycle e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, documentation and associated methods (Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.)
- Knowledge of using source code control systems such as PVSC
- Technical and troubleshooting experience, including the ability to work under pressure.