Manager – Development
An international leading general insurance and reinsurance group are looking for a Development Manager to join their Risk Aggregation department.
This dynamic role will be supporting the development of the team’s tools/systems and processes working closely with the business experts to drive improvements across the business.
- Lead rapid technical development and design of new tools and proof of concepts.
- Lead the introduction of robust development practices into the Risk Department.
- Manage the transition of application design knowledge to the IT team for production development/documentation and on-going support of developed tools.
- Support the management and development of the IT infrastructure relevant to the risk aggregation systems and tools.
- Liaise with IT and software vendors where appropriate.
- Liaise with HR and direct line manager in recruitment and selection of the team, and employee performance reviews.
- To manage analysts in both internally and for outsourced functions (where relevant).
- Sound commercial experience in either C#/ ASP.Net / MVC or Python/associated web framework (e.g. Django or Flask)
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
- Experience and knowledge of Webservices, Web API (SOAP / REST) and microservices
- Understanding and interest in a wide range of technologies e.g. Azure (Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Event Hub), Kafka, Spark, R, GIS (ESRI ArcGIS) etc.
- Computer Science or other related, quantitative subject degree
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience in (re)insurance
- Exposure to catastrophe modelling (e.g. RMS / AIR / TigerEye / AnalyzeRe) and/or capital modelling tools (e.g. Remetrica / Igloo / Tyche)