Junior Systems Developer
A leading global advisory, broking and solutions company are looking for a Junior Systems Developer.
You will be a part of the Development Team and will be part of team that is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of existing System.
You will get the opportunity to use and build skills in database Design using Oracle, coding skills in various programming and scripting languages, predominantly using C, but will get the opportunity to use Python, Perl, Shell Scripting and PL/SQL
- To learn about the business and our In-House System.
- Working within an agile team to develop, test & maintain In House System
- To develop internal databases and maintain code. To aid in the full systems development life cycle from requirements capturing through design & development to delivery.
- Assist with minor enhancements to the system and help with support on technical issues.
- Interact with other developers, business analysts and business stake holders to help produce a technical specification/solution documents.
- Developing, refining and tuning integrations between applications.
- Produce logical systems design models where appropriate in conjunction with Senior Systems Analyst/System Architect.
- Execute test scripts against new system functionality.
- Regression test system where applicable.
- Maintain system documentation to ensure completeness.
- Report and manage defects.
Skills and experience required:
- Any coding and/or database knowledge
- Basic/Intermediate SQL knowledge
- Knowledge of UNIX Operating System
- Knowledge of Databases (Oracle)
- Providing 1st Line Application System Support
- Have an understanding of the development lifecycle
- Work well in a team and independently
- Have good communication skills