A well-established Lloyd’s Insurance business is looking for a technically strong FP&A Accountant to join their London based team. As an integral part of the finance team, the FP&A Accountant will take responsibility for financial MI, working to develop and improve wherever possible.
The position will also act as a business partner to enhance the relevance of the MI as well as utilise a strong insurance accounting knowledge to support the broader function. Some key areas of the role will be to:
- Develop financial MI for the Management and parent company
- Continually update and improve the MI
- Develop and enhance the tools to produce accurate and timely MI
- Act as a business partner to enhance the relevance of the MI
- Ensure that all insurance transactions are recorded accurately
- Ensure that the reporting reflects the insurance transactions at all times
- Assist with the business planning process
- Ensure that the business plans and financial reporting are aligned at all time
- Support with analysis on ad-hoc projects and other initiatives
- Assist in identifying and implementing processes to control risks particularly with own role
To be considered for this role, you must be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with a good understanding of the non-life insurance market.
This could either be gained in a reporting function of an insurance company or from training in a professional services firm.