A leading London Market Insurance Broker is looking for a high calibre Finance Business Partner to join their expanding team. Acting as the direct finance partner to business units within the Specialty division, you will help to continually improve financial performance and decision-making through reporting, analysis and planning. The key responsibilities of this role will be;
- To act as the interface between Business Units and Management accounts to resolve queries in relation to management accounts.
- Ensure appropriate business reporting functions are set up allowing each business unit to measure their Key Performance Indicators and satisfy their statutory and regulatory reporting responsibilities with regards to financial data.
- Provide high quality and timely advice, information, analysis, reporting and interpretation to support effective decision making and performance management.
- Understand the drivers of business performance, identifying trends, areas of opportunity or remedial action and influence the implementation of initiatives to address these.
- Lead business units in the setting of annual budgets and mid-year forecasts.
- Support the improvement of management reporting and analysis.
- Challenge the business divisions relating to observed weaknesses and improvement opportunities.
- The production of finance packs with supporting commentary.
- Prepare financial models for company acquisitions and team lifts.
To be considered for this role you must have several years post-qualified experience (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) in a commercial role. You must also have strong understanding of the key drivers of business performance in the insurance market. Ideal candidates will be ambitious and motivated with the gravitas to challenge senior management and to present at board level.