Director, Financial Services (AIFM / Hedge Funds)
This Top 10 leading independent firm of accountants and business advisors is seeking a Director for their Financial services division to join during an exciting time of growth and to play an integral part in leading the AIFM / Hedge Funds technical offering to its client base.
Currently the division provides a variety of services to asset managers, private equity funds, corporate finance firms, and other FCA authorised businesses.
· Become recognised as being an industry expert in the Funds sector, in particular and in respect of AIFM / Hedge Funds and to lead the services in this sub sector of the wider funds team
· Be a part of the core funds team that will create a recognised centre of excellence for the investment management industry in audit and advisory work.
· Work with the other members of the core funds team and to build and implement a growth strategy
· Play a part in the winning of new business through excellent management of existing clients, but also by identifying new business opportunities both in audit and advisory work.
In addition to managing a portfolio of audit clients, you may also deal with advisory work
Example projects have included:
· Assisting with regulatory investigation
· Portfolio valuation models for fund restructuring purposes
· Assisting in creation of fund complexes; and
· Regulatory advisory work / supporting FCA applications
You will ideally be:
- Well versed in the AIFM / Hedge Funds sector with proven auditing skills in this arena.
- Able to engage with and advise existing clients, identify new business opportunities and with the support of the partners wider team, develop that business further.
- A qualified accountant with proven Auditing skills in the relevant sectors
Previous experience in the wider Funds sector is going to be a prerequisite based on the role parameters, however the opportunity to join a division at the beginning of its journey with a definite route to specialised Partner level status is something not to be missed.
If you are at Manager or Senior Manager level at present and keen to make the next step in your career, this is worth investigating.