A leading organisation in the London Market Insurance sector is looking to hire a Data Analytics Associate to join their growing Data Portfolio Management team. This team delivers research, analysis, tools, and insight to enable understanding and improvement of market performance and best practice Pricing and Portfolio Management at both a Syndicate and Class of Business level. They are looking for someone who has (re)insurance industry experience, developing technical and systems experience and experience in analysis, story-telling with data, statistical modelling, and data visualisation techniques.
- Burgeoning analytical and quantitative capabilities; statistical skills and developing insurance, and economic skills
- The ability to think conceptually about portfolio management concepts, statistical techniques and insurance related topics
- Developing ability to build effective business relationships, with the potential to establish relationships on senior level
- Strong ability to problem solve and identify and implement process improvements
- Time management and communication skills to effectively field competing priorities
- Experience with insurance markets and portfolio management in an underwriting context
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, VBA.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of statistical and data science techniques including modern statistical languages such as R, Python.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Visualisation tools such as Qlik Sense, Tableau and/or Power BI
- Intermediate experience in data management tools such as Business Objects, SQL
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of actuarial pricing and reserving concepts.