Overall responsibility for and oversight of the North American Claims Team.
- Handling claims within authority levels, in accordance with the claims vision, the Claims Manual and all regulatory requirements, driving and delivering an optimal customer service to our insureds, reinsureds and brokers. Processing claims using ECF and internal systems.
- To be the claims referral point in the North American Claims Team for underwriters, actuaries, outwards reinsurance team, brokers and other key internal and external stakeholders. To develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Close and collaborative working with underwriters both in relation to claims and also to help them to develop business and build a portfolio in accordance with their business plan. Be able to contribute to the winning of business.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations and minimum standards.
- Have oversight of the use of external service providers and TPAs. Liaising with and instructing lawyers and adjusters from agreed panel to ensure best outcomes whilst controlling costs and preventing claims leakage
Skills and Experience:
- Experienced claims practitioner with 7 years plus of claims adjusting experience.
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills, networking, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Have built solid relationships with clients and demonstrate strong client management skills.
- Expert Knowledge of Coverages, benefits and exclusions.
- Understanding and application of legal and regulatory issues.
- Excellent use of standard applications e.g. Excel, Outlook, Visio.
- Data/analytical experience particularly regarding claims MI.
- An understanding of claims operations would be useful.