Catastrophe risk analyst
HFG are working with a Suffolk based broker to help find a technically focussed catastrophe risk analyst to join there UK analytics team. The successful applicant will assist in the development of internal and vendor catastrophe models whilst supporting the implementation of various automation initiatives.
This is an ideal opportunity for a very technical graduate or up to one year’s experienced modeller who wants a role that has a balance of technical development and client facing work.
- Strong degree in numerical or IT based subject area
- Excellent IT skills, with working knowledge of VBA, R and SQL
- Knowledge of other programming skills & protocols such as C, C++, C#, Python would be advantageous
- Knowledge of at least one vendor model (ideally RMS, AIR) would be advantageous
- Experience in insurance would be advantageous
- Strong presentation and excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated to learn and grow within a market leading broker.
If you feel your profile matches the above criteria or would like more information on the role then please do get in touch.