Catastrophe Research Analyst
HFG have partnered with a UK leading insurer to assist with their search for a new Catastrophe Research Analyst to join their Exposure Management team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with 2+ year’s experience with Cat Risk or Exposure management to join a team which will offer them a wide range of exposure to exciting projects.
- Evaluation of catastrophe models, including design of model tests, review of vendor/broker model evaluation documents, testing and challenging model components and results, and making clear recommendations for model adjustments where required.
- Ensure the implementation of a comprehensive model evaluation process.
- Work with the EM Development team, IT and the external vendor partners to collaborate on assessing the impacts of model and platform updates
- Strong knowledge in at least one catastrophe models (e.g. RMS, AIR) or experience in cat model development.
- Programming and data analysis experience in any one language – e.g. R, Python and SQL
- Strong statistical and quantitative modelling skills with solid track records.
- Experience in GIS software or geospatial data analyses is a plus.
If you feel your profile matches the above criteria or would like more information on the role then please do get in touch.