My client is a leading global provider of specialist insurance and reinsurance looking to bring in a progressive and committed accounts assistant (German speaking) into their accounts team.
If you are a hard-working German-speaking accounts assistant / analyst who takes pride in providing high-quality output and brings added value to the team I am interested in hearing from you!
If successful your day-to-day will include:-
- You will ensure all outgoing settlements are carried out in a professional and timely manner adhering to meet our service level agreements accordance with agreed processes, procedures and SOX Controls.
- The job involves working with different areas of the business so collaborative approach is a prerequisite for this role. You will be liaising with Credit Control Team, Business Partner Team, Claims Team, Accounts Payable Team, Outsourcing companies and the Assumed Technical Accounting Team.
- You will be part of a team that will help the finance department achieve its objectives in line with the Finance Leadership Strategy.
- Producing exceptional quality and accurate outgoing settlements reports.
- Processing payment batches accurately in an efficient and effective manner, in accordance with the global procedures and guidelines.
- Timely investigation and resolution of exceptions is expected.
- Handling internal payment queries and liaise with Claims and Finance.
- Updating the electronic filing system with accounting and payment information within agreed timeframes.
- Updating SAP exceptions and resubmitting on a daily basis.
- Assisting with the bank reconciliation as and when needed (multiple currencies included).
- Collaborating with various stakeholders.
- Handling incoming queries during internal and external audits.
- Handling Straight Through exceptions/queries.
The ideal candidate will have: –
- German language fluency
- 2-3 years’ experience within a similar role within an insurance / reinsurance environment
- Basic understanding of the principles of insurance and reinsurance.
- Strong knowledge of cash reconciliation in the Insurance/reinsurance market.
- Strong grasp of business processes and systems.
- Quick learner and strong interpersonal skills to forge good relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Minimum Intermediate level knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of SAP desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of Straight Through/Bureau messaging desirable but not essential.
If you meet the requirements of the Job Description above, I look forward to hearing from you.