The main responsibilities of this Assistant Accountant position will be to:
- Extract data from source systems, applying appropriate adjustments, provide outputs and analysis to support the Solvency II reporting quarterly and annual submissions, analysis and reviews.
- Perform analysis to support the internal management review and external audits.
- Support the analysis of UK GAAP/IFRS entries posted to the General Ledger on a quarterly basis, as well as Solvency II adjustments
- Develop an understanding of wider regulatory reporting requirements (e.g QMA/QMB) providing a baseline for future development within the Regulatory Reporting Team.
- Support the Head of External Reporting on other finance reporting requirements/projects as required.
The successful candidate for this Assistant Accountant role will need to have previous accounting experience ideally within the Insurance industry. Solvency II knowledge, at a Company or Lloyd’s level would be greatly desired for this position. The candidate must also be looking to complete a professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).