Web Developer / CMS Support
Location: Brighton (Hove)
A well established and widely known Insurance and financial services company is looking for a dedicated Webb Developer/ CMS Producer to join their Group Web Team. You will provide content entry support to all business areas that access the Content Management System (CMS) platform.
- Work with IT/Development teams on requirements gathering, issue logging and tracking and ongoing maintenance of all websites.
- Use CMS platforms to manage online content and assist content authors and editors.
- Driving quality improvements to websites and digital applications.
- Help to manage key tools and processes such as content management, code repository, static assets and image hosting.
- Facilitate global cross-functional communication around all web production activities.
- Help with the testing and launch of desktop and mobile websites for all business areas.
- Assist with web production process definition, optimisation and implementation.
- Working with teams on project launches using Agile.
- Web Usability – creating new pages with the best practice in the mind.
- Migrate content from legacy systems into new CMS.
- Ensure all content changes are logged using highly governed processes, work-flows and task tools.
- Building relationships with stakeholders
- Broad CMS platform experience (enterprise and open source)
- An understanding of cross-browser compatibility and responsive web design
- Educated to degree level or demonstrable experience in CMS /software development (e.g. projects on GitHub)
- Previous experience of working in a full life-cycle development environment, providing business analysis and technical specifications through to development and testing.
- An understanding of the different drivers and needs of customers, distributors and partners
- Experience or understanding of digital/web development or product delivery
- Familiar with key organisational structures, frameworks and core processes
- Interest and passion for technology, web design and user experience