This International Insurance Business require an Internal Audit Professional to support the Head of Audit
as the Audit function expands. You will be the number two and as such be encouraged to learn and take on responsibility. You will receive on going guidance and training in the first 6-12 months around the Internal audit function and the business with the aim of owning the audit function of a part of the group
This is a unique and brilliant opportunity for someone leaving practice to join a commercial audit operation and grow into the role very quickly. The experience gained will be second to none.
- Perform risk based audit assignments to deliver the Internal Audit Plan
- Ownership of the end to end audit assignment process including:
- Developing the audit assignment plan to understand and assess key risks, controls and governance processes
- Determining the audit scope and preparing the audit engagement memorandum
- Developing the audit testing work programme
- Undertake appropriate and sufficient testing to assess if key controls
- Prepare audit reports that provide management with clarity on audit observations covering how, what, why, when, where and risks of not addressing the observation
You will be a Qualified ACCA/ACA/ACII. Post Qualified experience desired
If you come from practice (external audit), then either Financial Services or Non Financial Services experience is welcome
If you come from an Internal Audit team in industry, then you must have Financial Services experience.
- Experience of delivering against tight deadlines on a regular basis
- An excellent communicator who has built strong relationship with personnel across all levels
- Eye for detail and clearly document rationale and support for conclusions
- Ability and experience of writing high quality audit reports
- Ability to work both as a team player and individually in order to deliver the Internal Audit Plan
- Proficient computer skills including experience in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Personable and effective communicator
- Strong sense of integrity
Interviewing immediately. Fantastic role and career step.