A Senior Internal Auditor is required in Brighton for this highly prominent Insurance business. The value proposition of joining this exciting business is that you will be joining a very well established business which is undergoing a period of change and that in turn offers a wide variety of audits and special projects as a result of this change. Brilliant opportunity to futher development and career progression
Benefits are outstanding: Pension, medical, life, gym, restaurant, bonus, work life balance
- Deliver audits as per the annual risk-based audit plan to time and budget.
- Lead and conduct end-to-end auditing including: planning meetings; preparation of detailed scopes of review, risk assessments and audit testing / work programmes; audit fieldwork; audit close meetings and writing up audit reports for financial, operational, basic IT and project related audits.
- Lead and perform ad-hoc and time critical reviews / investigations as required.
- Produce clear and concise draft audit reports for review by the Head of Internal Audit.
- When required, provide a first level quality review of audit working papers and files to ensure the audit methodology, policies and procedures are adhered to and supporting documentation evidences the overall audit opinion.
- Perform timely follow-up reviews of audit recommendations.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in other required tasks
- CMIIA / ACCA / ACA or an equivalent qualification
- Proven audit experience (internal / external) within Financial Services
- Experience at leading / supervising small audit teams
- Proven experience of report writing
- Previous experience of dealing with / exposure to review agencies such as External Auditors, Compliance, Actuaries etc.
Personal Skills and Competencies:
- Maintain a professional, pro-active approach to audit assignments
- Assimilate information quickly and accurately
- Excellent oral and written communications (including excellent report writing and good audit interviewing skills)
- Strong analytical, challenging and investigative skills
- Flexible and adaptable in approach and attitude to audit assignments