Senior Data Warehouse Developer
A global specialty lines Insurance Company is seeking for a Senior Data Warehouse Developer with insurance experience to join their DWH team.
The key purpose of the role is to design, develop and support the Group’s Data Warehouse architecture, which underpins regulatory and management reporting along with feeding downstream systems across the company.
It is a technical role, which includes coding, technical architecture & design, estimating and technical management of the development teams and necessarily encompasses having a good understanding and appreciation of business processes and goals.
- Technical design and development over changes to new and existing Data Warehouse and reporting environments.
- Responsibility for development estimates across the team.
- Working with the Head of Development to enhance and enforce coding standards.
- Technical mentoring and assistance for developers in the DWH team.
- Design, development & system testing of:
- Existing and new DWH environments
- Interfaces between SQL server databases
- Fact, Dimension tables and Cubes
- SSRS reports
- ETL packages and FSDL components.
- Oversight of all the technical aspects of the above work ongoing within the team, on and offshore.
- Supporting users who will be acceptance testing the systems.
- Continued support of all of the above in a production environment.
- Production of technical documentation.
- Development of good internal client relationships, including high quality customer service and delivery.
- Provide regular reporting to senior management on progress and ensure that critical items are escalated as appropriate.
- Experience of the Finance and Actuarial processes in the London Market as these pertain to IT systems
- Understanding of and experience of working with, key business, regulatory, actuarial and financial reporting processes.
- SQL development (MS SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, 2016)
- MS SSIS, including interlinked packages
- Experience developing and supporting SSRS reports
- Experience working in a complex Data Warehouse environment
- Experience of developing with and supporting Microsoft MDS
- Experience of working closely with business users
- Good documentation skills, ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications and vice versa.
- Experience in a Technical Design Authority role
- Experience of leading and mentoring team members both on and offshore
- Experience of NIIT’s Subscribe and Navigator systems, or similar London Market Underwriting packages
- Microsoft Office, especially Excel