Retrocession Actuarial Pricing Analyst
Location: City of London
Sector: General Insurance
Reporting to: Specialty Pricing Actuary
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 basic P/A
Our Client, a leading multinational Broker, is searching for a bright, personable and self-assured actuarial analyst to join their Retrocession pricing team.
The structure of the team: 15-20 brokers with an embedded actuarial function.
Lead Retro Pricing Actuary
Senior Retro Pricing Actuary
This role (Retro Pricing Analyst)
Benefits of working in Retro:
- Being reinsurance of reinsurers, you would work and be exposed to hundreds of clients around the globe: All multinational reinsurers, Lloyd’s syndicates and London Market reinsurers.
- Retro covers every line of business therefore offers exposure all around the business.
- Value add factor: In Retro, unlike other areas, the Brokers won’t do/change/approve anything so won’t go to market without actuarial input due to it all being account of catastrophe risk – your input makes a clear-cut difference to the business of the team.
- Specialty lines reinsurance, particularly Retro, at a Global broker is an excellent stamp to have on your CV and enables unmatched career progression.
- Reinsurance pricing and analysis, through data collection and analysis, model build and testing, report writing, documentation and delivery.
- Presenting analysis and reinsurance advice to clients.
- Working collaboratively in a team environment with colleagues and client stakeholders.
- Communicating in a collaborative and client focused manner.
Key Traits of candidates:
- This is a client-facing role so the successful candidate will be confident, act with integrity and self-assurance.
- Speak with conviction to clients and brokers.
Skills & Experience:
- 2-3 years Actuarial experience (GI pricing preferred but not essential if strong communicator)
- 2:1 or above in a numerate subject
- Strong A-level results
- Knowledge of Excel & VBA
- Knowledge of Catastrophe Modelling a plus but not essential
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Study package is 40 days leave, cover for exams, tutorials and material – must meet requirements of scheme though which is passing so many each year, etc.
- Above market bonuses.