A leading, multinational insurance company that operates in the Lloyd’s market is currently seeking a Legal Assistant.
Reporting in to the Head of Legal, you will join a collegiate, supportive and committed team. The role is broad and will see you take on a wide range of duties to include:
- Updating legal contacts lists and and useful information for the department.
- Managing, updating, collating and circulating the agenda for all team meetings and managing the actions following these meetings.
- Liaising with external lawyers on a regular basis to clarify entries on invoices to ensure they are paid in a timely manner.
- Liaising with executive and non-executive directors, senior executives and PAs.
- Researching information e.g. checking when provisions of new legislation come in to force, researching information for the department in general and obtaining company and directorship information as and when required.
- Collating documentation for internal and external regulatory reviews, audits, project work and board meetings.
- Completing expenses forms and processing for payment, booking conferences, organising training seminars, arranging and liaising with Notaries, organising and booking hotel and travel arrangements, coordinating couriers, booking taxis.
- Email management, including fielding and distribution, flagging, prioritising, forwarding as appropriate, printing, typing responses, photocopying, scanning etc.
- Printing papers in advance of daily meetings.
- General filing and archiving.
- Dealing with daily correspondence (opening and distributing departmental post).
- Booking meeting rooms, setting up telephone conference facilities, organising catering.
- Scheduling daily meetings and diary management.
- Answering telephone calls (including for the team), fielding calls, screening, redirecting, taking messages and following up on requests.
Have experience gained in a similar role, ideally in a law firm or insurance business. You’ll have a positive, can-do attitude with an innovative mind and a proactive approach. You’ll be hardworking, conscientious and a supportive team-player who isn’t afraid to ask stupid questions!