A leading Insurance company is looking to hire a full-time Junior IT System Engineer for their IT Support team.
You will work within a small team and will be the first point of contact for IT support, respond to internal help desk requests, and provide timely and effective end user support to employees across the company. You will be afforded the opportunity to learn and deepen your interests in the field of technology while broadening your skill set and experience.
- Serve as the first point of contact for end user support via the IT help desk, collaboratively escalating issues to IT team members, as appropriate
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues, guiding users through to resolution
- Follow internal processes including preparing and completing IT check-lists, reporting faults, maintaining logs on IT devices and ensuring the appropriate documentation for equipment and users is maintained
- Set up new users in our technology systems, and configure laptops, desktops and mobiles
- Ensure security and upgrades, including antivirus, are applied and maintained on user devices
- Support network patching and upgrades
- Support internal desk moves, ensuring computers and telephones are set up
- Handle software installations to laptops and desktops
- Good level of general education with a genuine interest in technology and a career in IT
- Exposure to Microsoft software
- Ability to thrive in a high-performing collaborative open-plan environment
- Good written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic about constant learning and willing to work hard