HFG are working with a leading Lloyd’s Insurer to hire a technically strong quantitative investment analyst. The business have had excellent year on year growth in assets on the investment portfolio and are growing the business further.
The investment analyst will support the head of investment on all quantitative and financial risk analysis and model development. Responsible for the design, development and implementation of new models, solutions and technology to identify, quantify and report key investment metrics and financial risks. Meeting investment strategy and ALM objectives.
You will also work with the investment team in supporting the improvement and execution of investment strategies and frameworks.
The investment analyst will need excellent technical knowledge and quantitative skill set including strong programing and systems skills such as VBA, MATLAB, C++ AND Other systems.
- Maintain and populate existing databases which support the investment risk tools.
- Manage data quality checking and acceptance, which is crucial for risk management, internal
- model and MI purposes
- Maintain up to date procedures and supporting documentation to provide suitable audit trails.
- Develop and maintain risk databases and models for use in the Group-wide risk led investment
- Provide constructive challenge to the investment risk modelling process.
- Be an expert user of the investment risk tools
- Provide timely and accurate input to the investment risk reports, such as the Group MI, ORSA.
- Prepare team reports to assist with day to day investment risk management and monitoring.
- Assist with scenario analysis and stress testing of the portfolio
- Carry out ad/hoc economic and market analyses as required.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of risk models for economic and market monitoring, and strategic tools which support the portfolio construction and risk review process.