Internal Audit Manager/Senior Manager – Banking – Consultancy/Practice
Top 4 practice seeking and Internal Audit Manager/Senior Manager to join its rapidly expanding Internal Audit – Banking division.
Whether you are currently in Practice and looking for a new challenge or a Financial Services Internal Auditor looking to add the Practice methodologies to your career experiences this is a fantastic opportunity to actively be part of a growing business unit.
You will gain exposure to a wide variety of clients, processes and be at the forefront of delivering best practice IA insights whilst also enhancing your own technical knowledge, skill level and future career opportunities.
As a Manager/Senior Manager in the Banking department your role will include the coordination of subject matter experts to deliver end-to-end internal audit projects that cover a wide variety of topics across regulatory, technology, and technical areas (e.g. voice broking).
Example Internal audit engagements will include (but not limited to):
- Reviewing and establishing internal audit functions
- Delivery of individual and/or a programme of internal audit projects
- Partnering with clients to supply specialist SME resource
- Secondments to IA functions to help deliver audits
- Performing external assessments of internal audit functions
- Delivering training to IA teams on regulatory themes, IA and industry hot topics
Responsibilities to include:
- Managing a portfolio of existing IA clients and maintaining first point of contact with key stakeholders
- Supporting the partners/directors to prepare for business development meetings with target clients, attending those meetings and helping to manage the opportunities pipeline.
- Providing advice to a range of clients on auditor independence rules and risk management practices
- Attending key client’s meetings (i.e. planning and risk assessments, Audit Committee etc.) with senior auditees/stakeholders.
- Reviewing key client deliverables such as IA reports, working papers, and audit programs including managing the input from subject matter experts before final quality assurance by partners/directors.
Qualifications & Skills ideally required:
- Accountancy qualification including but not limited to ACA, ACCA, IIA, CCAB or equivalent other suitable Internal Audit qualifications
- Significant Internal Audit and/or Risk Management experience, including experience of co-ordinating teams delivering audits and management of annual planning processes.
- Private sector and/or professional services experience within FS clients.