A well-regarded London Market insurance/reinsurance business has a requirement for a commercial accountant with a good technical appreciation of the insurance market to lead their growing FP&A team.
Some key areas of responsibility in this role will be:-
- Preparing high quality management information at Group, Syndicate and Entity level including the quarterly and monthly MI packs and actively using this data to help drive decisions which improve the performance of the business;
- Preparation of the CFO report for presentation to Group/Entity Boards and Committees;
- Managing the expense business partner function to actively manage the cost base of the business identifying and sponsoring efficiency initiatives where appropriate;
- Provide financial management for change across the business, participating in the Strategic Change Board and supporting the delivery of project appraisals and cost/benefit tracking;
- Supporting the Executive, M&A and external advisors in the identification and appraisal of business development opportunities, projects and financial decision making more generally;
- Assisting with the conduct of financial due diligence on target acquisitions and other ad-hoc projects;
- Effective management of the FP&A team ensuring that it is staffed with motivated and skilled professionals and paying attention to their development and training needs.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a proven background in the Lloyd / London insurance market. You must have a highly commercial approach to work and have excellent organisational and communication skills. The role would suit an ambitious FP&A Manager looking to take the step up or potentially a candidate from a similar role looking for more team management and development.