Against the backdrop of significant change in the Group’s size and profile, this London Market Insurer is seeking to recruit a talented individual to bolster the existing team and help the development of more automated and efficient finance processes. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will;
- Work closely with the outsourced function who will be responsible for the core processing tasks that deliver a first draft of the group consolidation and the Group returns; ensure that the processing runs to timetable and is actively managed and understood through liaison with contacts on the ground.
- Obtain and maintain knowledge around key IT systems such as Cognos Controller, Sun and TM1 as part of oversight of outsourced function
- Ensure full compliance with internal processes and controls, enhancing wherever possible, to ensure the integrity of the numbers
- Under the direction of the Head of Group Finance, develop value-added analyses to drive greater understanding of the Group result and exposures
- Work with the wider Group Finance team to provide flexible support to Group Companies and statutory accounting processes, liaising with auditors regularly
- Involvement in technical accounting issues as they arise
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) and will have experience working in the finance function of an insurance company.