Graduate Catastrophe Modeller
HFG are working with a leading Lloyd’s market insurer to recruit a graduate catastrophe modeler who will have a focus on non-natural catastrophes specifically. The modeler will support senior cat modelers as well as liaise with underwriters and brokers to ensure that deadlines are met.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and hardworking graduate to join a highly regarded Lloyd’s insurer and gain exposure to a number of different areas of the business.
- To provide efficient and effective support to the London Market Underwriters and Catastrophe Modellers, based in a London office.
- Responsibilities will include data quality and query resolution of the outsourced tasks into the catastrophe modelling systems.
- Assistance with the outsourcing of Aggregation requests and providing analysis on more complex tasks, working within tight deadlines and mailbox management.
- Liaising with Underwriters, Brokers or other parties to ensure processing deadlines can be achieved and to prevent, where possible, re-occurrence of any errors or breaches of SLA.
- Educated to Maths A-level B or above
- Excel intermediate or advanced
- Experience with analytical tools such as SQL or Tableau
- BSc in a numerical subject, 2:1 or above