Graduate Actuarial Analyst
Location: City of London
Sector: General Insurance
Reporting to: Actuarial Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 basic P/A
Our Client, a leading Lloyd’s syndicate, is searching for an ambitious and exceptionally bright individual, who has a strong desire to begin an actuarial career in general insurance, to join their divisional pricing team.
- Data preparation and draft projections for large individual account pricing, MGA portfolio monitoring and new business due diligence.
- Support and development of underwriter exposure rating tools and data capture, including IT platform solutions.
- Regular interaction with underwriters in all these aspects.
- Premium risk parameterisation of claims frequency and severity distributions.
- Providing Capital Model inputs and outputs for Actuarial team validation.
- Draft parameterisation of the biannual reserving process including the review and update of development pattern selection for presentation and discussion with Senior Actuaries.
- Data preparation and draft analysis for ad-hoc “deep dive” portfolio segmentation and historical performance.
- Development of market benchmark development patterns.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Have obtained a top degree in a numerate subject (i.e. mathematics, physics, engineering, economics etc.)
- Be a graduate of 2017 or upcoming graduate
- Minimum AAB at A-level including Mathematics
- Very strong GCSE’s
- Strong desire to work in General Insurance
- Actuarial Internships highly desirable