Graduate Actuarial Analyst
Sector: General Insurance
Reporting to: Senior Actuary and Head of Analytics
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £30,000 – £36,000 basic P/A
Our Client, a broker in the Lloyd’s/London market is searching for a top tier graduate, who has a strong desire to pursue an actuarial career in general insurance. This individual must be of very high caliber academically as well as being personable with strong communicative/interpersonal skills as they must have the ability to communicate and interact effectively with brokers / external clients.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Have obtained a top degree in a numerate subject (i.e. Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Economics etc.)
- Minimum AAB at A-level including Mathematics
- Be a graduate (this role is an immediate start so no upcoming grads)
- Very strong GCSE’s
- Basic knowledge of coding languages such as VBA, R or Python desirable
- Experience in general insurance is desirable, knowledge of the fundamentals is essential
What this role offers:
- Involvement in all aspects of the areas of actuarial including pricing, reserving and capital reporting as well as catastrophe modeling – the perfect way to enter the industry as a fresh grad
- Exposure to all areas of the business
- Be a part of a growing new analytics team – grow from the ground up with the team
- Work underneath and be mentored by one of the best actuaries in the market.
This role also Offers:
- Study package is 40 days leave, cover for exams, tutorials and material – must meet requirements of scheme though which is passing so many each year, etc.