A global insurance Business with a household name is looking for a high calibre accountant for a newly created role of Financial Reporting Director. The role will manage the internal and external financial reporting for the whole of the European region and will have 8 direct reports and an off shore team.
Key areas of delivery will be:
- Quarterly financial reports preparation and presentation to the Board
- Annual financial statements including all supporting documentation and management of the external audit sign off process
- Attendee at Audit Committee to present on control and operational issues to the Independent Directors
- Working with Business Partners to drive internal and external reporting consistency, in particular around stat/GAAP reconciliation and underlying analytics
- Work with global counterparts to drive consistency of divisional reporting to ensure global ledgers are accurate
- Contribute to budget and forecast process to ensure consistency and accuracy across stat and GAAP bases
- Increased data quality in the ledgers to reduce manual intervention
- Process consistency and effectiveness across controllership
- Drive the performance of the off shored finance team
- Increase efficiency of statutory reporting and regulatory reporting teams
Managerial Leadership/Building Skills:
- Able to work cohesively in a matrix structure.
- Ability to mentor, coach and develop key staff.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and be able to motivate the team with periods of uncertainty and/or change successfully
The ideal candidate will be a ‘Big 4’ trained ACA with a strong background in financial reporting under IFRS and US GAAP. Experience in accounting policy interpretation and compliance, preparation of financial statements and performing analysis of the results is essential.