I am working with a global market leader in the insurance world who are building a new Data Science Centre of Excellence in London. This is a unique opportunity to shape the team and the CoE.
Modeling: To design, develop, interpret and implement end-to-end statistical models for the applications in insurance industry, including mortality, morbidity, persistency, fraud, consumer response, etc. for use internally or externally.
Commercial Applications: Generate solutions for clients and oversee the development of commercial applications of models for use in underwriting, claims, risk management and/or projections.
Data Understanding: When presented with specialist datasets, carry out the full spectrum of data analysis, from the development of statistical analysis plans and design of the database schema, through data cleansing and into the creation of new insights and knowledge based on thorough and deep statistical analysis of the data;
Subject Matter Expertise / Client Contact: Serve as an expert in statistical modeling, insurance applications, implementation, and solution design predictive modeling and advanced data analytics to both internal and external clients.
Collaboration / Communication: Lead collaboration efforts and routinely serve in a client-facing role as a project expert.
Actuarial experience or in developing statistical models for insurance or related applications
Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Actuarial Science, Business, Finance, Economics, or related field
Experience with statistical modeling for insurance (GLM, Decision Trees, Time Series, Regression, etc.)
Master’s degree or PhD in Statistics, Actuarial Science, Business, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including statistical programs (ex.: R, SAS, MATLAB, or Python), spreadsheets (VBA) and database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL or equivalent technology).
- Advanced knowledge in econometrics, statistics, math and/or computational finance.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
- Ability to work well within a team environment, participate in department/team projects and balance detail with departmental objectives
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong persuasion and negotiating skills when working with internal/external customers
- Ability to resolve conflict and foster teamwork
- Advanced investigative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional and technical disciplines
- Skills in customer relationship management and change management
- Knowledge of actuarial concepts including mortality, morbidity, and persistency studies.
- Knowledge of life, health, and/or annuity products.
- Knowledge of life insurance underwriting and biometric risk analysis
- Experience with supervised and non-supervised Machine Learning methods
- Knowledge of AI and Deep Learning, NLP in particular
- Strong experience with R, SAS, MATLAB or Python.
- Knowledge of SQL and VBA.
- Knowledge of insurance risk analysis.
- Advanced experience in computational finance, econometrics, statistics and math.
Contact Ahad Shadab at HFG for further information.