City of London
An amazing opportunity for a talented Data Scientist to join the leading Specialty Insurance company to work within their technical pricing team.
- Develop and apply data science, machine learning and other statistical techniques to draw insights and shape the strategic direction of data usage
- Take part in expanding data processing and technical modelling framework
- Establish efficient ways of implement segmentation and predictive models
- Ensure that reusable data assets build smoothly on a regular basis
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Academic background in computer science, engineering, physics, actuarial science, statistics or Maths based equivalent
- Exceptional statistical skills – experience of building predictive models using a wide variety of tools and techniques (e.g. linear or logistic regression, gradient boosted machines, random forest, regularisation, neural networks)
- Advanced data manipulation or experience of managing large-scale data sets within an analytical function (e.g. dplyr, pandas, SQL, etc.)
- Advanced experience of data science or analytics software like Python, R, SAS/WPS, MATLAB etc.
- Working knowledge of relevant development environments (e.g. PyCharm, RStudio, Visual Studio Code, eclipse) and shell scripting (e.g. Bash, PowerShell), version control (e.g. git, Subversion, Mercurial) etc.
As well as a competitive salary, this role also offers:
- Performance profit share bonus (c.12% of salary)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employer pension contribution of 5%, with employee contribution of 3%+
- Income replacement insurance
- 4 x salary life assurance
You will also have access to flexible benefits, which are employee paid, and includes: holiday buy, gym membership, car salary sacrifice, critical illness insurance, health screening – allowing you the freedom to choose those that are most appropriate for you.