We are currently working with a highly regarded Lloyd’s and London Market insurer. Our client is looking to recruit a Data Protection Officer. It is a permanent role, based in London and salary will be circa £110,000 plus benefits.
To be considered for this position (at request by the client), you must have at least 7 years of solid data protection experience and are currently working on a GDPR project within financial services. In order of preference, insurance experience is highly desirable, followed by Big 4 or consultancy based experience and lastly banking.
This role will offer the individual an opportunity to work very closely with senior management including the Head of Compliance, CRO and some board level engagement. It will sit directly in the compliance team and report to the UK and EMEA Head of Compliance.
In general terms, the client is looking for:
- Degree and data protection qualification (e.g. IESB in data protection / CIPP certification)
- Minimum 7 years of data protection and privacy experience
- Expertise in global data protection laws, regulations and practices and an in-depth understanding of GDPR
- Ability to communicate effectively with the highest levels of management and other key senior stakeholders within the Group
- Experience of conducting data privacy compliance reviews and audits
- Working knowledge of IT security and network architecture
I am looking for candidates that can demonstrate the above, but more importantly can highlight the methodologies needed, practical application, prioritisation and what your thoughts are on how GDPR will affect the insurance industry and the size and type of business you will be interviewing with.
If anyone with expertise and knowledge of Data Protection / Data Privacy and GDPR would like to have a confidential conversation around what we have and how we could possibly help, please call 0207 337 8818.