A leading insurer that operates in the Lloyd’s market is currently seeking a Data Protection Compliance Manager.
This is a newly created position, as such, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the role whilst becoming part of a highly-regarded compliance team. The main areas of responsibility are listed below, however, undertaking DPIA’s and updating software to enable the business to meet the accountability principle under GDPR are two essential tasks.
- Working alongside the Head of Compliance & Data Protection Officer to achieve the British Standard for Data Protection.
- Providing accurate, appropriate, timely and pragmatic data protection advice, striking a balance between legal / compliance requirements and the wider interests of the business.
- Conducting comprehensive data protection impact assessments (DPIA’s) across the Group.
- Drafting and updating internal policies and procedures.
- Carrying out data protection monitoring activities and producing improvements plans for the business, as required.
- Maintain the GDPR compliance database and provide regular management information for reporting to relevant committees and making sure the company meets the accountability principle (under GDPR)
- Responding to, and management, of data subject rights requests.
- Assisting the Head of International Compliance & Data Protection Officer with data protection across the Group.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Certificate in Data Protection or equivalent qualification.
- Degree-level education.
- Experienced in all aspects of GDPR.
- Insurance experience would be preferable.