Global Insurance company is looking for a Data Engineer to work within the Actuarial team to focus on the build and enhancement of data driven products that support the provision of value-adding analytics and insight in respect of pricing, risk selection, portfolio management and reserving of insurance products.
Actuarial Data Infrastructure
- To develop and maintain the core Actuarial data system
- To build new and develop existing data models
- To investigate and lead resolution of issues with underlying Actuarial data systems and models
- To ensure all Actuarial data systems and models are documented
- To investigate opportunities to extract data from non-standard sources (external, unstructured)
- To integrate new data sources into data library including structuring and validation.
- To support development of data visualisation initiatives including design, build and maintenance
- Use data science / engineering techniques to extract value from internal/external data assets
- Recommend ways to improve data efficiency and reliability
- Increase the degree of automation within data systems and tools
- To investigate new tools that would help store, structure and analyse data
Skills and Experience required:
- Relevant, numerate degree with a good overall grade.
- Knowledge of Management Information (MI) Systems (preferably within the insurance/financial services industry)
- The ability to design, implement and use database structures to ensure data is organised using SQL, Powerpivot, Visual Studio etc
- Advanced level of MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and MS Word.
- Capability to carry out Data quality and integrity checks
- Ability to write and communicate deliverables and reports
- A passion for data and analytics and a good base knowledge of statistics
- Understanding of the Actuarial department and the contribution of the Data Engineer role within it.