A market leading specialty insurance group is looking for a Data Engineer with Machine Learning experience.
You will help teams across the company globally enhance their decision making and efficiency by shaping the development & growth of Data Analytics, evolve our data governance approach and support the needs of all stakeholders.
- Identify, capture, cleanse, wrangle & label data.
- Optimise features & develop insightful visualisations & support predictive modelling
- Setup and monitor data pipelines & create API’s
- 3 to 5 years of practical experience successfully engineering data in a commercial entity, improving their effectiveness and efficiency as a result
- Effective capture & transformation of un/semi-structured data into tangible assets.
- Proficient in setup and monitoring of data pipelines
- Strong SQL user (preferably in a distributed computing environment like Hadoop)
- Development experience with R or Python
- Good experience using NLP
- Proficiency in data visualisation tools (Arcadia, Tableau and Power BI or similar)
- Comfortable accessing open, social media and third-party data in various formats including JSON, XML.
- Competent utilising a range of API’s for different purposes.
- Understands the data classification and security controls required within a regulated environment
- Helps colleagues understand the benefits and differences of big data approaches & enables them to make the transition easily.
- Appreciates the types of database technologies & tools