Multinational Corporation – Hong Kong Market
Up to 1.7million HKD
The Chief Actuary is responsible for leading the actuarial reporting, reserving pricing and underwriting deliveries for the firm’s insurance business in Hong Kong The chosen person will be a member of the local management team and the regulator approved Key Person of the Insurer. The role will also participate in the leadership within the actuarial community
Leading a small team you will play a key role in identifying and addressing risks and opportunities in the market.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for ensuring delivery to the Insurer of the following in accordance with Group policy and local regulatory requirements
- Work closely with Finance Business Partner, provide key analysis, insights and relevant commentary to financial trends in claims, premiums and loss ratios.
- Identify financial performance issues related to premiums and claims within and make recommendations and where relevant, implement corrective actions.
- Drive the regular cycle of annual pricing reviews for individual products and tailor made corporate quotations – both renewal and new business.
- Provide pricing recommendations for new products developed and input on the actuarial risk implications
You should be:
- A qualified actuary with an internationally recognised body
- Have at least 5 years post qualified experience
- Have a working understanding of Solvency II
- Ideally have some Medical Insurance experience
- Be fluent in English and ideally Cantonese or Mandarin
This is a really exciting opportunity for a talented individual to take the step up in an internationally recognised firm.