CAT Risk Manager
One of the leading London market insurers is on the hunt for an experienced, driven and personable Catastrophe risk manager to help drive the strategic direction of the catastrophe risk team. The Catastrophe risk team are not just providing account support and pricing but help deliver meaningful analytics which help direct the business in underwriting opportunities. The role will focus on a global portfolio and help model non-modelled regions as well as improving existing models.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of underwriting across the Reinsurance Portfolio.
- Drive process change and implement methodologies that streamline workflows
- Advise underwriters based on cat model output for catastrophe exposed accounts
- Assist underwriters’ decision making for complex risks that fall outside of scope of vendor models including complex reinsurance structures and non-modelled risks.
- Contribute to internal and regulatory reporting
- Develop a specialist knowledge of natural hazards and catastrophe modelling methodologies
· Strong Mathematical, statistical and analytical background.
· Previous experience within Insurance / Re Insurance, ideally with in Catastrophe risk Modelling or actuarial.
· Ability to manipulate large data sets
· Familiarity with MS SQL, VBA, .NET, R, Python a preference