Catastrophe Risk Analyst
HFG have partnered with a leading Global Speciality Insurer operating within the Lloyd’s of London insurance market to recruit a Catastrophe Risk Analyst
The group modelling team support the underwriting teams in providing all Catastrophe Modelling, Exposure Management and technical pricing capabilities and analytical support. The senior modelling team will work closely and collaboratively with a wide range of group business functions including Actuarial, IT Developers and underwriting teams.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of underwriting across the Reinsurance Portfolio.
- Drive process change and implement methodologies that streamline work flows
- Advise underwriters based on cat model output for catastrophe exposed accounts
- Assist underwriters’ decision making for complex risks that fall outside of scope of vendor models including complex reinsurance structures and non-modelled risks.
- Contribute to internal and regulatory reporting
- Develop a specialist knowledge of natural hazards and catastrophe modelling methodologies
- Strong Mathematical, statistical and analytical background.
- Previous experience within Insurance / Re Insurance, ideally with in Catastrophe risk Modelling or actuarial.
- Ability to manipulate large data sets
- Familiarity with MS SQL, VBA, .NET, R, Python a preference
- Good understanding of insurance and the Lloyd’s market