HFG have partnered with a large Lloyd’s insurer to recruit a Catastrophe Model Developer to help drive improvements and development to the company’s catastrophe and exposure analytics capabilities. The company are continuing to support and grow the analytics and catastrophe modelling team and capabilities.
The Catastrophe Model Developer will work with the Exposure management and model development team with a focus on developing models and workflows enhancing the catastrophe analytics provided to the underwriting teams and exposure management. Charged with streamlining and automating process and reporting systems whilst working on projects to help develop modelling in non modelled areas.
· Support the development of exposure management workflows
· Develop, build and improve existing models as well as enhancing use of vendor models.
· Support regulatory reporting and produce bespoke reports when needed
· Develop aggregation and scenario analysis capabilities across all classes.
· Implement model and methodology changes, supporting the business in understanding complex risks and exposures
· Excellent understanding of catastrophe modelling requirements
· Good ability to analyse workflows and implement changes
· Experience in vendor model evaluation and adjustments.
· Expert ability to use SQL and understanding of R, Python