A well-regarded London insurer have an opening for a driven and aspiring Catastrophe risk analyst to join a young and dynamic Catastrophe risk team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Catastrophe analyst or aspiring graduate with a strong mathematical or scientific background looking to further develop a career within a highly analytical environment within the Lloyd’ market.
You will gain exposure to the breadth of Catastrophe risk from developing strong technical modelling skills to working closely with underwriters providing pricing support to make commercial underwriting decisions on catastrophe exposed portfolios. You will develop a strong understanding of naturel perils such as wind storms and flooding.
· Degree in an analytical discipline (Maths, science, economics or engineering)
· Good statistical and analytical skill set and ability to handle large data sets.
· Experience of providing catastrophe pricing support
· Understanding of the portfolio roll up process
· Previous experience of catastrophe vendor models, RMS or AIR
· Strong Excel, SQL, R or Python skills and experience in any other computer language preferable.
· Experience and understanding of the Lloyd’ insurance market.
If you have a strong scientific or mathematical education and enjoy problem solving with the use of complex models then this role could be for you.