Business Intelligence Lead – Insurance
A well-established London Market Insurance company is looking for a Business Intelligence expert to lead the BI Support team and ensure BI applications meet the SLAs for production processing.
You will formally manage vendors and suppliers to ensure that the service provided by them is aligned with the business requirements, contractual agreement and service levels.
This is a new role for the business and will be reporting to the Head of Service Delivery but with close links to the BI team.
General Activities & Key Tasks:
- Ensure that the BI production systems are running without failures and that any issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Maintain and support the data warehouse and associated applications
- Liaise with users to specify, design and implement minor improvements to the data warehouse as required by the business, ensuring that changes are consistent with the existing BI architecture.
- Liaise with the IT department on changes to upstream and downstream systems to ensure that any impacts on the BI systems are identified and dealt with accordingly
- Maintain change management controls for all system changes
- Database, ETL, Report and OLAP development work
- Ensure all solutions are fully tested and support independent testing, including UAT
- Run month-end procedures and reports as required
- Data analysis, reconciliation and manipulation as required
- Line management of BI Support analysts and partner resources
- Work closely with the BI development team to ensure strong communications and effective handovers between the teams
- Provide input to BI projects and enhancements to ensure that new developments are designed for service
- Support the formation and development of IT architectural standards.
- Ensure all solutions comply with IT architectural standards.
- Operate as SME for specific application set
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Candidate must hold a degree in a relevant discipline with at least two year’s commercial experience with at least one of those years within a BI role
- Knowledge of problem analysis, structured analysis and design, and programming techniques
- Understand the principles of ETL design and development
- Understand the principals of data modelling
- Knowledge and hands on experience of MS SQL Server – SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Exposure to T-SQL coding
- Knowledge of data warehouse principles
- Good understanding of Database schema design
- Strong organisational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Confident, friendly, self-motivated personality
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- London Market Insurance knowledge
- Exposure to large scale data warehousing and BI solutions
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Knowledge of IBM InfoSphere DataStage
- Knowledge of Power BI
- Management experience