Business Intelligence Consultant
A global insurance company is looking for a Business Intelligence Consultant to manage the provision of BI across the different areas within the Retail Operation.
You will need to take a joined-up approach across the area to deliver high quality, accurate management information and design, develop and maintain database solutions.
- Manage the regular production and continued development of MI for distribution to key stakeholders within Retail and associated functions such as audit and compliance.
- Be insightful in the design of new reporting and proactive in monitoring trends and other related metrics within MI.
- Maintain and support current and new databases, which deliver MI to the business.
- Manage the MI request process to ensure business requirements are correctly interpreted, documented and challenged to ensure the optimum in MI delivery.
- Work with other teams to ensure the introduction of changes to business MI and database functions are implemented in line with the change process.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with other parts of the business to ensure delivery of effective processes and MI.
- Maintain systems and processes to provide the support to other business areas to ensure that customers are treated fairly and in line with company’s policy.
- Knowledge and experience of Business Objects and Access – Essential
- Knowledge and experience of VBA and/or SQL – Essential
- Understand methods of reconciliation and data analysis – Essential
- Collate MI, and design meaningful summaries and reports
- Work independently, and take the lead, technically competent and motivated, with specific technical expertise.
- Understand the structure and development of system tables and databases
- Undertake reconciliation and technical review of the MI
- Provide analytical, procedural and technical support or undertake investigation to resolve issues.
- An IT or similar degree or relevant professional qualification
- An understanding of Insurance products, funds and related operational processes
- Previous experience in a developer and/or MI role and excellent numeracy, investigation and problem-solving skills.