A leading Insurance company is looking to appoint a contract Business Analyst to work with the business to drive forward the change agenda. You will perform the requirements gathering and business analysis to ensure that change projects meet their defined goals. Although this role is aligned with IT isn’t an IT role. This role will be assigned primarily to work within the Business Intelligence function.
- Support and produce Business Case and associated project documentation as required
- Act as a bridge between the Business and IT Developers
- Elicit, analyse and document business requirements
- Define requirements while understanding and communicating the impact of the change
- Liaise with users to specify changes to the data warehouse and reports as required by the business
- Carry out data analysis, data modelling, ETL and report specification
- Carry out data reconciliation and manipulation as required
- Communicate requirements to the business and IT
- Deliver supporting documentation for requirements (such as process maps, data attribute catalogues, wireframes and so on)
- Ensure timely completion of project milestones with support from the project manager
- Development of training material provide orientation and go live support for users
- Provide input to the test function, producing test scenarios, test scripts as required
- Manage and resolve queries arising during design, build, test, go live and warranty
- Work closely with the BI Team and with the wider business on projects to support, enhance and develop the company’s data warehouse and Business Intelligence systems.
- 3-5 years (or equivalent) experience in Business Analysis
- Extensive experience in a Business change/transformation role
- Good understanding of IT systems and the role of a developer although no specific application / software / programming or development knowledge is required.
- Hands-on experience implementing large scale data warehouse and BI solutions preferred
- Experience of using data quality and data cleansing technologies and strategies
- Data manipulation & macro-writing in MS Excel
- SQL Server T-SQL, Reporting and Analysis Services experience would be highly beneficial
- IBM Infosphere Fast Track experience would be highly beneficial
- Knowledge of London market underwriting systems, especially SBS Eclipse, IRIS and Genius would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Insurance accounting and the impacts of Solvency II
- Flexibility to travel and work in different locations from time to time
- Experience across different Lines of Business or Business areas, London Market would be beneficial.
- CII Certificate or Diploma