Actuarial Reserving Analyst / Actuary SQL VBA (£50,000-£70,000)
Our client, a top Lloyd’s player is seeking a TECHNICAL actuarial analyst to join their established Reserving/Modeling team. The focus of the successful candidate will be to support in the development of the Reserving processes. This is a cutting edge innovative position.
A number of duties include:
- Working closely with the Head of Reserving and the Head of Modelling to create the most efficient Reserving processes/models possible.
- Solvency ii technical provision outputs. Present results to Lloyd’s and the PRA as well as internal finance and Capital Modelling teams.
- Support all areas of Reporting on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare for new and existing legislation including IFRS 17 and Solvency ii.
- Support and assess the multiple Combined Ratio packs. Including Reserve Adequacy and Profitability.
- Year End Reserves and Technical Provisions Reports.
- Actuarial opinion statements.
- Review of performance information.
- Great opportunity to manage/mentor interns.
From you they are looking for:
- Strong Mathematics/Science-based education.
- SQL and VBA.
- Student actuary.
- An excellent problem solving and analytical mind.
- At least two years Reserving experience.
- A good understanding of Solv ii technical provisions.
- A technical consultancy background with reserving would be very valuable.
- Excellent ability to simplify key information and present it to internal stakeholders.